1. What is the significance of the title of Meant To Be?
2. List five words that describe the first half of the book.
3. Did the opening chapters elicit any summer beach memories for you?
4. List five words that describe the last half of the book.
5. Do you think Rad and Lauren would have wanted to fall in love if they had known ahead of time what the other did for a living?
6. Do you believe in love at first sight?
7. What did you think of Rad and Wynn’s close relationship and the brotherhood of warriors? Do you have similar friendships that can stand the test of time?
8. Does this novel make you think about those who serve and the sacrifices they make for us?
9. What do you think the central theme of the novel is?
10. What passages strike you as insightful, even profound? Perhaps a bit of dialog that’s funny or poignant or that encapsulates a character? Maybe there’s a particular comment that states the book’s thematic concerns?
11. Is the ending satisfying? If so, why? If not, why not…and how would you change it?
12. If you could ask the author a question, what would you ask? Have you read other books by the same author? If so how does this book compare. If not, does this book inspire you to read others?
13. Has this novel changed you—broadened your perspective? Have you learned something new or been exposed to different ideas about people or a certain part of the world?
14. Is there anything in this book to which you personally can relate? Is there any advice or ideas you can take and apply to your own life?